The Southlake Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards Banquet, presented by Texas Health Southlake, was held on June 21 at The Hilton Town Square in Southlake. The event recognizes and celebrates volunteerism and good citizenship in the community. Attendants to the event enjoyed the “High Stakes in Monaco” theme which included guests donning fabulous attire, casino games, exquisite food and the talents of Illusionist Dave Thomas.
Several of the recipients who were honored are affiliated with GRACE programs and services. We are proud of all of our volunteers and congratulate all who were nominated and received awards in our communities.
The Chamber Awards for 2019 went to the following individuals and businesses:
- Chamber Director of the Year Award – John Fletcher-Fletcher Consulting Public Relations
- Chamber President’s Award – Janice Horak, Priority Signs & Graphics and Sandra Baber-Sandefur, United Development Company
- Chamber Ambassador of the Year – Dr. Paige Sohn, Sohn Dental
- Chamber Chairman’s Director of the Year Award –Daniel Cortez, City of Southlake Deputy Director of Economic Development
- Community Youth of the Year –Mitchell Gruenewald accepting for Mitchell Carroll ISD Principal Shawn Duhon
- Community Volunteer of the Year – Bill Tait, Bill Tait State Farm
- Community Civic Group of the Year – Swim4Elise, Lori Cerami
- Community Small Business of the Year – Scratch Kitchen, Ted Bilsky
- Community Corporate Business of the Year – Kendra Scott Southlake
- Community Citizen of the Year – Traci Bernard, Texas Health Southlake
As a member of the Southlake Chamber of Commerce, GRACE nominated individuals and businesses who are noted for going above and beyond in their efforts to help our community. The GRACE nominees were:
- Citizens of the Year – Traci Bernard
- Volunteers of the Year – Lynda and Robert Warner
- Small Business of the Year – Scratch Kitchen
- Corporate Business of the Year – The Thompson Group at Classic Chevrolet
Congratulations to all our community leaders! We are blessed by the tremendous ways in which you live and give!