“How can I help?” “What can I do?” These are questions most people ask themselves regularly regarding serving their community. There is a simple, effective way to make an impact: A Collection Drive! GRACE gives as we receive to help those in need, and YOU can be a part of that. Collection Drives benefit our Clothing Room, Food Pantry, and Community Clinic, just to name a few. Without some of these items, we cannot do what we do. Hosting a drive is a great way to get children involved, as well.
Now, you might be thinking, “This sounds like a wonderful idea, but where to I start?!”
We have put together a guide to help get your GRACE Drive started!
Step 1: Organize
• Set a date for the food drive.
• Decide on type of drive and the duration of the drive.
• Select Drive Leaders: Dependable people with good leadership skills and time to devote to the drive. Recruit committee leaders with natural leadership skills who are interested in motivating teammates and building community.
• Orient your Drive Leaders: Explain the need for the drive, confirm dates, and explain the drive procedure.
• Contact the Special Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for a Drive Agreement Form.
Step 2: Publicize
• Establish a goal for your drive such as total number of goods or cans.
• Create a slogan that relates to your company, group, or school.
• Send out the list of items you wish to collect.
• Put posters where people can see them, near coffee machines, next to time clocks, etc.
• Introduce the GRACE drive through employee information systems, group meeting announcements, or email systems.
Step 3: Strategize
• Distribute material.
• Decorate collection boxes. The best containers are boxes for computer paper or banana boxes from your grocery store (Paper and plastic bags tear).
• Recruit a team to deliver the donations to GRACE.
Step 4: Drive!
• Report ongoing results via social media and e-mail blasts to potential participants.
• Display the donations that have been received.
• Get your company, group, or school to match donations.
• Give prizes for volunteers and donors.
• Invite all who participated to a victory party after the drive and announce results.
Updated lists can be found on the website year round. Below are some examples of needs.
GRACE CLOTHING ROOM
Blue Jeans- all children’s sizes
Shoes- all children’s sizes
Children’s Socks- new
Children’s Underwear- new
GRACE FOOD PANTRY ITEMS
Helper Mix Boxes; Hamburger, Tuna etc.
Jelly; grape, apple, peach
Chili With or With Beans
Salt and Pepper; Table Top
Juice Boxes Single Serve
Creamed Corn 16 oz.
Orange and Grape Juice; 64 oz.
Canned Fruit (peaches, fruit cocktail)
FRESH PRODUCE & FRUIT
Feminine Hygiene Pads and Tampons
Baby Wipes, wipes Cleaning
Laundry Soap Powder
Diapers; s 5,6
GRACE CLINIC ITEMS
Debrox Ear Wax Remover
Claritin Allergy Relief
Iron Tablets- Ferrous Sulfate
Nasacort Nasal Spray
Chloraseptic Throat Spray