The Southlake Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards Banquet, presented by Texas Health Southlake, was held on June 21 at The Marq in Southlake. The event recognizes and celebrates volunteerism and good citizenship in the community.
Attendants to the event enjoyed the Bollywood Nights theme which included guests donning Bollywood attire, dancers and dance instruction, food and hen2na artists, as well as drumming from Harshad Kanetkar, a world-renowned Tabla player from India.
Several of the recipients who were honored are affiliated with GRACE programs and services. We are proud of all of our volunteers and congratulate all who are nominated and receiving awards in our communities. The Chamber Awards for 2018 went to the following individuals and businesses:
- Chamber Director of the Year Award – Ryan Peabody
- Chamber President’s Award – Mimi Tran
- Chamber Ambassador of the Year – Bill Tait
- Chamber Chairman’s Award – Julie Walter
- Chamber Heart to Serve Award – Ian MacLean and Cheryl Fairbanks
- Community Youth of the Year – Amanda Higginbotham
- Community Volunteer of the Year – MaryLee Alford
- Community Civic Group of the Year – House of Shine
- Community Small Business of the Year – Leslie Barrows
- Community Corporate Business of the Year – TD Ameritrade
- Community Citizen of the Year – Mayor Laura Hill
As a member of the Southlake Chamber of Commerce, GRACE nominated individuals and businesses who are noted for going above and beyond in their efforts to help our community. The GRACE nominees were:
- Citizens of the Year – Elizabeth and John Huffman
- Volunteers of the Year – Linda and John Slocum
- Civic Group of the Year – Leadership Southlake
- Small Business of the Year – Scratch Kitchen
- Corporate Business of the Year – Randy White Real Estate Services
Congratulations to all our community leaders!